| Houston Garden Center I-45 S |
The next day was my day off, so back I went to the garden center for more dirt. We felt that 6 more bags should do the trick. By the time I got my errands ran and back home I had convinced myself that somehow I had gotten the wrong dirt, and was a little concerned because our garden center doesn't take returns, but when hubby got home he assured me it was the right dirt! Whew, that would have been a costly mistake. We dragged the wheelbarrow out and began mixing our dirt and filling in the rest of our raised bed!
Finally, we get to start planting. I chose 2 different types of tomatoes, a chocolate bell pepper, an orange bell pepper, a green bean plant, a cucumber plant and garlic chives. I also had some red and green onion on hand which I planted in between the vegetables.
This is my back deck and my old vegetable garden. I may see what I can do to turn it into small flower garden eventually. I love sitting on the back deck in the evenings and enjoying the beautiful Texas sun sets.
Spring has sprung on the bay. Here are some of our beautiful wild flowers that grow every spring.
Thanks Linda Wollam for the pictures.
![]() |
| Texas Blue Bonnet State Flower |






No comments:
Post a Comment